Forum Discussion

Hamzah
Level 3
11 months ago

NetBackup IT analytics

I have few questions/enquiries regarding NetBackup IT analytics, ** our environment is cluster NB (Two master server active/passive) with five media servers (3 windows / 2 linux) 1- Is it better to...
    11 months ago

I do not have much experience with analytics, but

1. I have used all three types of installation. It does not matter in the end. If you are more familiar with Windows, use Windows. Otherwise, use Linux. OVA should be a no-brainer installation, but I had problems installing 11.2 and failed to go back to 11.1. OVA has as requirement to use an HTTP or FTP server without a password to install Oracle.

2. I do not know. If the manual does not cover it in detail, install Data Collector on a dedicated server.

3. Till now, I had installed all the collectors inside master servers. But as I understand it, you do not need to install netbackup binaries on the data collector if you use the wmi or ssh methods. 

Be aware that the preinstalled data collectors with netbackup versions 10.1 and up are not compatible with BYO IT analytics server. You have to use centralized data collector or uninstall it from the master and install your version.