Forum Discussion

13 years ago

Netbackup Jobs stop or pause

hi,

i need to update my library and tape drives firmware, so how can i stop or pause all the jobs not to run on that specific time or suggest me the better way do do updates of firmware that not disturb my netbackup master and media server jobs.

• Take your pick

(1)

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbpemreq -suspend_scheduling

To resume the scheduling, :

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbpemreq -resume_scheduling

Note, this command does not 'survive' a reboot - If you reboot / restart NBU, jobs will start.

This will not stop "user initiated" backups (this would include oracle backups etc ,,, - for this I guess wyou would have to deactivate the policy.

(2)

... which is another option, deactivate all the policies ...

(3) Stop NetBackup

(4)  Stop nbpem process and bprd process

Martin

2 Replies

• If jobs use checkpint re-start then you can suspend them.

If not, or if you want to make sure nothing runs during your upgrade period then cancel all running jobs and shut down NetBackup to ensure nothing can run.

If you also do disk backups and want those to continue to run then you could just DOWN all drives so that NetBackup will not try and use them.

If you are having a firemware upgrade then you will need to re-run the device wizard after the work has completed as the SCSI enquiry string will change as a result of the upgrade

As you may also need a reboot of the Media Servers it seems logical to take NetBackup down for a while to preventy any issues arising

• Take your pick

(1)

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbpemreq -suspend_scheduling

To resume the scheduling, :

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbpemreq -resume_scheduling

Note, this command does not 'survive' a reboot - If you reboot / restart NBU, jobs will start.

This will not stop "user initiated" backups (this would include oracle backups etc ,,, - for this I guess wyou would have to deactivate the policy.

(2)

... which is another option, deactivate all the policies ...

(3) Stop NetBackup

(4)  Stop nbpem process and bprd process

Martin