Forum Discussion

akram-mu
Level 2
8 years ago

Netbackup license features

Hello, i need help understanding the following netbackup license: Product:       NetBackup Enterprise Server   Feature:       Replication Director (Active)   Feature:       SAN Client (Active) ...
    8 years ago

We cannot answer your questions by only looking at the features that are enabled. 

The answers depend on whether you have Capacity or host-based licenses.
    Capacity enables ALL agents and options, rergardless of quantities.

You need to check the pdf license certificate received from Veritas and the detailed list on MyVeritas -> Licensing -> Entitlements.

My attempt to answer your questions:

1. Does the Netbackup enterprise Server license provide support for unlimited clients (standard filesystem backup)?
    A. Unless you have Capacity License, the answer is NO.
    You need 1 Standard Client License for each network client that is backed up.

2. In case of an application or a database, you can see that my license includes multiple databases extensions i.e MS SQL Server extension, Oracle extension,  MS Exchange extension ..etc. does that mean it supports all these? meaning , i can backup orcale, Ms exchange and MS SQL using the same license?
    A. Unless you have Capacity License, the answer is NO.
    You need 1 Application and Database license for each database client.  
    (Although the feature will enable and allow all DB agents, you legally need 1 license for each db client.)

3. is the license installed on the master server? and if i want to use two additional media servers, do i need another two licenses (Netbackup Enterpirse license)
    A. Yes. Licenses are installed on the master server, except for media server. 
    Each media server needs own Enterprise Server license.
    Unless you have Capacity license where you will use the same license key on master and media servers.