Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Netbackup licensing

Firstly, i couldnt reach my reseller due to some issues.so i am on my own to proceed further.We have 1 master and 6 media servers ALL WINDOWS SERVERS.I need to install a new media server and clients,...
    6 years ago

It would be much more helpful if you would provide how many of licensed hosts and devices you have in total and of what kind.

First of all, yes you will be able to install NBU Enterprise Servers even if you are not compliant with Tier on the license (although I seriously doubt you have more than 8 CPU sockets on a Windows machine but who knows) and deploy more than 10 ESXi hosts using Enterprise Client and more than 5 Standard Clients although exceeding numbers and/or tiers would make your setup non-complant from the licensing standpoint.

Now I would be more worried that you don't seem to have listed any licenses for backup storage, if the licenses you mentioned is all you have, you may not be able to use anything but a simple basic disk storage which comes for free. Same goes for App/DB agents.