Forum Discussion

12 years ago

New Netbackup 7.5.0.x on RHEL 6.4

Hi Team,

I am going to build a new Netbackup environment using Netbackup 7.5 runing RHEL6

I need your advice as per your experience.

Do I install Netbackup 7.5 with 0.5 patch or I should stay N-1, i.e. 7.5.0.4

same in case of OS RHEL 6 is now available with patch 4 i.e. RHEL6.4, Do I install RHEL6.4 or I should stay N-1 i.e. RHEL6.3

as per Netbackup OS compatibility guide, Netbackup supports RHEL6, its not mentioned as what patch level ...

Regards

Gurjeet

5 Replies

• I agree with Nagalla about NBU 7.5.0.5. I cannot speak for the RHEL version as I have no personal experience. The Compatibility Guide says under the main RHEL heading that all OS Release updates are supported for the listed versions unless clearly specified otherwise.
  • Hi Gurjeet,

I am running many Master and Mediaservers with 7.5.0.5 and RHEL 6.4. Important are certain memory, SHM and semaphore params on the master...just write me if you want to know more.

Running versions below 7.5.0.5 would require some EEB's, especially one for a growing EMM-DB problem.

• Hi Angreas,

Could you help  me listing all dependence/ patches to install Netbackup 7.5.0.5 on 

RHEL6.3 & RHEL6.4

I am planing to go with RHEL6.3 as N-1, but OS team might ask me to give us Netbackup prerequesties, patches etc.

Regards

Gurjeet