Forum Discussion

JubinMenez
Level 1
5 years ago

Passing Netbackup 8.0 Exam

Hello everyone, I am studying Veritas Netbackup 8.0 and intend to pass the exam next week. The thing is, beside Veritas official training I don't have much experience administering Netbackup. I would love to know if I can answer the exam questions based on the training materials. Another question, can I pass VCS-277 instead of VCS-276 knowing that I have no training nor experience with the Appliance. Thanks in advance

3 Replies

• VCS-276 is for Administration of NetBackup v8.0

VCS-277 is for Administration of NetBackup v8.0 and Appliance v3.0

I don't know if the training materials alone should be enough to pass.  It seems to me that there are always some questions that require a deeper understanding of some topics which one cannot acquire / learn until one has actually configured and used and thus truely understood.  Good luck though.

If one has not tried to learn anything at all about the appliances then I cannot see how one could reasonably expect to pass exam VCS-277, unless perhaps one is somehow quite lucky with educated / random guesses.

• I think you'd have a hard time passing the VCS-277 exam with no hands on experience with a NetBackup Appliance. As for the VCS-276 exam, you'll want to make sure you have have a good grasp on tape basics including tape libraries.