Forum Discussion

RaymT___
Level 4
11 years ago

Where do i download the windows installer for my remote desktop

Hello Techies,   Kindly help me, where do i get the windows installer for installing in windows remote desktop. Let me know if any clarification needed.   Thanks in advance.!   /Ray
    11 years ago
    If by windows remote install you mean the Netbackup Remote Admin console, then you would find the base version (i.e. 7.5 / 7.1 /7.0,etc) in the windows ISO that you downloaded from fileconnect website. If it is an exe file just start installation and select server installation. When you start the installation select "server installation" and you would see option to install Remote Admin console. You do not need the license key to install it but to use it you need an entry in the additional servers on the master server. For patch version you can search on google and download the windows ISO either 32-bit or 64-bit. For netbackup 7.5.0.6 you can refer to the below technotes. NB_7.5.0.6.winnt.x86.exe provides fixes for NetBackup 7.5 on 32-bit Windows server and clients. www.symantec.com/docs/TECH204653 NB_7.5.0.6.winnt.x64.exe provides fixes for NetBackup (tm) 7.5 on x64 Windows server and clients. www.symantec.com/docs/TECH204652 You may also install the java admin console instead of the windows remote admin console on the windows machine. You could use this to connect to both windows as well as unix master servers. You would find the base java setup files in the Addons folder in netbackuo installation files. The patch version for java console can be downloaded from the technotes available.