Forum Discussion

H_Sharma
Level 6
10 years ago

Restoration - Solaris to Windows

Hello Experts,

I was restoring one solaris client backup to our master server (Windows)

There are 3 options.

1:- Restore everthing to its original location. Not required.

2:- Restore everything to a different location 

Browse option is there but its showing clients destination only. I can not change it to master location.

3:- Restore individua folders and files to different location (Double clict to modify)

If i select the new destination Its again showing client's location.  I can not change it to master location.

Where can i put master server  location to  restore?

Pls help.

• OK, based on the latest update,I believe you are now wanting to restore files from a Solaris client server to a Linux client server. And as I can tell, the source Solaris client name is monitbkp and the target client name is yxcvbapp-bkp.

If the fully qualified paths in the backup image do not already exist on the target restore server, you only need to change the restore client name in the BAR. There is no need to change the pathing as it does not exist on the target and will not be overwriting anything.  After the restore, the identical fully qualified path will now exist on the target client yxcvbapp-bkp. If, however,  you want it to go under the directory /backup on client yxcvbapp-bkp, then specify just /backup as the new  destination directory. After the restore completes your new files will exist under the /backup directory on the target server.

So basically, the steps to follow are:

1. Open the backup image file listing on the BAR and select the file or files to be restored.

2. Set monitbkp as the source server, set yxcvbapp-bkp as the destination server, and (as needed) set the new location to be  /backup.  Just to be on the safe side I would make the /backup be an empty directory.  When the restore completes, look in the /backup directory for the restored file(s).

BTW, if you were trying this and going to a Windows server (Master or otherwise), and for example you wanted it to go to the local drive L:\backup on that Windows server, the restore location definition would have been /L/backup for the operation.

Hope this is suficient to perform the actions you are trying to do.

13 Replies