Forum Discussion

Albatross_
Level 5
10 years ago

Robot busy error

Hi Experts,

I have been facing the " Robot busy, inventory operation in progress (254)" error from a quite long period.

we are using NB 6.0 ( Linux ) with NDMP.

Untill yesterday the restoration ran successfully. But when I started to restore some other data Its throwing Robot Busy error.

I restared media manager daemons, But no luck.

When I do robot inventory it taking long time but  gives no output, The prompt keeps waiting and there is pid for vmcheckxxx running backround.

Can you please let me know How can I overcome this issue and have a permanent fix.

Thanks in Advance..

Cheers

Albatorss

• Check robot display panel or web interface. If someone has opened the robot door, it will do its own inventory when robot door is closed again. Depending on the size of the robot and amount of slots, this can take quite some time. This process may have even got stuck due to some error on the robot. You need to check the robot...

7 Replies

• Check robot display panel or web interface. If someone has opened the robot door, it will do its own inventory when robot door is closed again. Depending on the size of the robot and amount of slots, this can take quite some time. This process may have even got stuck due to some error on the robot. You need to check the robot...
  • Marianne forgot to mention: you need to upgrade!

Restating netbackup , the robot or the whole master server if you can might be handy for clearing out processes, a marker in the sand.

Jim

• No reply for more than a week... 

Hope issue with robot has been resolved in the meantime?

• Hi Marianne,

Apologize for the delay reply.. I am on holiday..Thanks for your valuble suggestions

Cheers

Albatross

• Wow! Nice long holidays where you work!

Thanks for eventually getting back to us.

• Hi

I have power recycled the masterserver , tape library and nas device.

After that everything is under control.

Thankyou

Cheers

Albatross

• You really should pick one of the answers above as the Solution and not your own. Jim & Marianne gave you good advice and deserve the credit.