Forum Discussion

5 Replies

• Have you ensured forward and reverse lookup between server and client? (Using DNS or hosts file) Client needs to resolve the IP address in server's connection request to a hostname. Then it compares the resolved name with SERVER entries (bp.conf in Unix/Linux , registry in Windows). Resolved name must match Server name exactly. (E.g. Master != master != master.fqdn). Please create bpcd log folder on client under netbackup/logs, do bptestbpcd again, then post client's bpcd log here. Also tell us which OS on server and client.
  • Had exactly this issue today, and as per Marianne above it was down to resolution.

I ran the bpclntcmd -hn with success from both Media -> client and Client -> Media, bt the bpclntcmd -ip failed both ways.  I therefore suspected a DNS resolution issue, and the 'quick' way out with no access to the DNS server was to add a host file entry at both ends (I then ran a bpclntcmd -clear_host_cache to be sure and clear out any lingering resolution items) and this sorted the the issue.

Hope this helps.

AJ

• also confirm firewalls are off or exceptions for ports have been made ( 13782 , 13724 etc )

• If it is a Windows client, you might want to tweak:

HKLM > SOFTWARE > VERITAS > NETBACKUP > CURRENT VERSION > CONFIG

Here you would find a key called "Server" just double click and add the hostname of your master server.

• Hello,

the Media Server entry was missing in the Config file

and Netbackup client Services was stoped

updated the same..

and it worked..

thanks.