Forum Discussion

X2
9 years ago

SLP: suspending and restarting cancelled jobs

Hi, We are in the process of moving our policies to a new disk based storage unit and all of policies will use SLPs. The backup to disk and tape run as per policy schedule and the offsite copy par...
    9 years ago
    Suspend the SLP and then stop the Netbackup services on the media server for your maintenance work.. This will lead to the active SLP jobs failing but they would not ve retried as the SLP would be suspended then. Once the media server's maintenance is completed activate the SLP and they should process normally.. The suspend operation will work for all the secondary operations in the SLP other than active duplication jobs in th activity monitor.. If yoy would like to manually stop the jobs then just filter the active SLP jobs in the activity monitor and cancel the jobs from the GUI i.e. the activity monitor after yoy suspend the SLP.. After maintenance once the SLP is activated the jobs would start running normally
    9 years ago

The steps posted by Genericus do not take care of ongoing SLP operations, hence should not be market as solution. (DONE).

Suggestion by Anmol is more relevant to the situation I described.

A couple of days ago I did the following during maintenance:

1. Suspended all SLPs/policies about 2hours before the downtime*

2. Got a list of ongoing SLP operations

3. Shutdown NetBackup/maintenance

4. Restarted NetBackup

5 Reactivated policies and SLPs.

6. Later verified that images which were in flight (incomplete operations) before shutdown and after suspension were all in the catalog and had their duplicated copies too.

* - can exclude the SLPs in advance for the whole day if maintenance duration is longer.