Forum Discussion

rookie11
12 years ago

SQL backup problem

Hi experts

SQL 2012 on server WIN 2008. recently added SQL instance. when i tried to run of this it fails give me error.

16> CODBCaccess::LogODBCerr: DBMS MSG - ODBC return code <-1>, SQL State <08004>, SQL Message <916><[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The server principal "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" is not able to access the database "model" under the current security context.>.

i m getting same error for all databases in SQL instance. dbclient logs attached

• Change NBU Client Service to user account with sufficient SQL rights.

Best to start NBU service with same logon account as SQL services.

8 Replies

• Change NBU Client Service to user account with sufficient SQL rights.

Best to start NBU service with same logon account as SQL services.

• You also need the NetBackup Lagacy Network Service set to use the account for that O/S - and that account needs to be sysadmin on all databases for it to work Hope this helps
  • How did you configured batch files for this new instance?

If you copied and modified existing batch files, check if it contains USERID and PASSWORD lines. If exist, replace values for these keys by user ID and its password for new instance.

Also check if user of NetBackup Client Service and SQL Server is same or not as Marianne suggested.

• @ mark_solutions: do u mean netbackup legacy network service and netbackup legacy client service also needs to added to SQL instance.

@ Ishikawa : batch file do not have user id and password. 

Guys strange part is 2 more SQL instance also running on same and being backedup fine. but this newly created instance is giving problem. 

• As far as i am aware it is just the NetBackup Client Service and the NetBackup Legacy Network Service that need to run as a suitable account - and that account needs to have sysadmin rights on all databases If it is a newly created instance have you logged in as the service account you are using and set the credentials for that SQL Instance (via the NetBackup SQL Agent GUI)?