Forum Discussion

17 years ago

Trying to run Hot Catalog backup: "failed accessing daemon lock file(158)"

Environment: Netbackup 6.0 MP5 Master on x86 running Windows 2003 Server Enterprise, SUN/Storagetek L700 library.

Late on Friday tried to add an HPUX SAN Media Server to my environment and ran into problems getting the media server piece going. Now receiving an error when my Hot Catalog backup attempts to run:
failed accessing daemon lock file(158)

Did some searching but haven't found anything specific to my problem. One item to note is that when I attempted to add the HPUX server to the environment I tried to run the Device Configuration Wizard and I received a message stating that the 2 systems I was trying to configure (Master + new HPUX system) disagreed on which was the control host for the library and that it was recommended that I pick a Master...?

I removed the entries for the HPUX server in the Master properties and deleted it from the Hosts area under Devices.  Recycled services and my regular backups are functioning but not the Catalog Backup. Looked through bprd, bpdbm, and nbpem, nbrb, nbjb via vxlogviewer but couldn't find which lock file it was talking about.

Has anybody seen this?  Not getting catalog backups is not good could use some assistance.

many thanks.

JOE
No RepliesBe the first to reply