Forum Discussion

13 years ago

What is the difference between Bpbkar32.exe and bpbkar.

What is the difference between Bpbkar32.exe and bpbkar.

i.e difference between :

Bpbkar32.exe is located in <install_path>\veritas\netbackup\bin\.

and

<install_path>\veritas\netbackup\logs\bpbkar .

Why there is a need to see bpbkar logs on client.

• Break in connection to bptm

Issues with accessing files.

Skipping files (and excluded files)

etc

Set-up logging and go and have a look.

8 Replies

• i.e. one is a program/binary/executable the other is a log!

Logs are used as a source of information for what that particular process is doing & when - useful for troubleshooting issues (that specifically involve that particular process).....

• ".e. one is a program/binary/executable the other is a log!"  - or even a directory that contains the log ...

(If you're going to be picky ...  ;0)   )

• "Why there is a need to see bpbkar logs on client."

bpbkar only runs on a client ....  Therefore the logs have to be created on the client.

Martin

• Bpbkar32.exe :  is an executable process

bpbkar : (/log/bpbkar) is a log directory for bpbkar process and you need the log file to check the logs in case there any problem in backup like bpcd, bpbrm logs file

• when to see bpbkar logs on client.I mean with what error my backup is failing?

What these logs contain mainly?

• Break in connection to bptm

Issues with accessing files.

Skipping files (and excluded files)

etc

Set-up logging and go and have a look.

• ....now I am going to be picky NIKHILblahblahblah.

The original question was "What is the difference between Bpbkar32.exe and bpbkar." not "I've got an issue & need to look in a log file, what can I expect to see that will help me solve my problem?"

With all due respect to revaroo's answer & subsequent "solution" it isn't the answer to the original question - if you need answers to specific questions then please be more specific with your questions so we can help you - it will save wasting our time & yours.

Rant over.