Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Migrating from 32 to 64 bits - Need help to migrate opscenter.

Hi guys.

I am currently running Opscenter 7.5.0.6 under windows 2003 sp2 standard edition, wich if course it´s 32 bits, and now facing the migration to 7.6, I am rebuilding some servers, and this one is among them.

As far as I understand, the correct migration sequence would be to upgrade first opscenter, them master, and then media.

I am building a 2012 windows server, but would like to keep all the data and queries I have in my old server.

Do I need to do a backup and then restore some folders, just copy paste, or am I doomed and have to recreate averything manually?

Thanks in advance.

• Hi there, on your new server you can install the new version and upgrade the database directly to that version.

Here is the technote how.

Moving OpsCenter 7.5 server to a different OpsCenter 7.6.x machine

4 Replies

• Hi,

You can just do a backup and restore of the database on your new 64 bit server.

But keep the old one handy, just in case :)

• Step 1 - Backup the OCA database by running following command on opscetner server

INSTALL_PATH\OpsCenter\server\bin\dbbackup.bat C:\my_db_backup

Step2 - Copy the database files(from C:\my_db_backup) to the server where you want to migrate the OCA to. Make sure that the destination OCA is installed with the same Opscenter version as source. 

Step3 - Restore the database using following command on the destination OCA. This is considering that the backed up files are under C:\my_db_backup on destination.

INSTALL_PATH\OpsCenter\server\bin\dbbackup.bat C:\my_db_backup - restore

Finish.

Onc the restore is finished you need to make sure that the data collection is happening from the new server.

I have done this many times and it works like charm.

• Hi there, on your new server you can install the new version and upgrade the database directly to that version.

Here is the technote how.

Moving OpsCenter 7.5 server to a different OpsCenter 7.6.x machine

• Awesome!

you guys have some amazing guides like this hidden.

There should be a sticky on this stuff.