Forum Discussion

stuzc
Level 2
13 years ago

Storage foundation & Windows mount point

Hi, Can anyone please point me in the direct of any docs or advise relating to he use of windows mount points & Storage Foundation for Windows, is there any value add when using Storage foundation ...
    13 years ago

I don't think Veritas Enterprise Adminstrator (VEA) is more intutive for managing WMP than Windows Logical Disk Administrator (LDM), in fact it is probably less intutuive as to change a mount point you have to right click on volumes and choose "Filesystem" and THEN choose "Change drive letter and path", rather than choosing   "Change drive letter and path" first as in LDM and I have had a few customers who found this hard to to find.  With both interfaces you can right click and choose "Explore" and in both interfaces, neither seem to show the folder mount path - I had a hunt round in VEA and I couldn't find a option to show mount path.  What you can do (in both interfaces) is make the label of the volume the mount path as both interfaces shows the volume/partition label.  

I don't believe SFW provides any add-ons to explorer so Explorer will function the same as with LDM.

If you are exploring on local machine then the folder in explorer should be a grey drive icon, rather than a yellow folder and a right click should give you the space details, but it normally shows as a normal folder if you view from another machine like when connecting a network drive.

Mike