Forum Discussion

Mjahtetn
Level 6
14 years ago

Evaluation Key for Storage Foundation and HA Solutions, RHEL4 for 32-bit, v4.1

Anyone who kknows where can I get a temp file for Storage Foundation? Already contacted customer care and they only refer me to download the trialware but I still need a temp file.   Please hel...
    14 years ago

Mjahtetn,

According to the following article, a key for 5.0 should NOT be backward compatible with 4.1:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/faqs-and-myths-storage-foundation-keys

-------
    Compatibility between Keys and Software (Binary) Versions

[...] older keys can be used with newer software versions, but new keys cannot generally be used with older software versions. There are two caveats.

[...]
    Second, a new key may sometimes unlock an old version, but this is neither by intent nor by design. Do not rely on it to work, even if you have seen it work in the past. A full explanation of why it sometimes works would be lengthy, but it centers on adding new features.
    -------

Symantec/your account representative would be the best person to contact regarding this issue, as they would also be best placed to provide a valid key for your version (if this is still possible)

regards,
    Grace