Forum Discussion

11 years ago

It requires to enable vxdctl after the rebooting the server

Hi,

I installed veritas in a training server recently. I created dgs,sub disks,plexs and volumes, after the reboot server those are invisible again need to be enabled vxdctl.

please suggest me.

Thanks in advance.

• Which version of SF? Which version of Solaris?
    What type of storage? SCSI or SAN attached?

vxdctl enable is not normally necessary.

Can you check /var/adm/messages to see at which point during boot process devices can be seen?

Were diskgroups in 'imported' state before the reboot?

• If diskgroup was deported before rebooting, or if diskgroup was imported with -t option (-t option disables reimporting automatically when the system is rebooted) then this is normal and you just need to import diskgroup.

To check diskgroup is imported, use "vxdg list" and you can also use "vxdisk -o alldgs list" to see which diskgroups are deported (deported diskgroups are shown in brackets)

If diskgroup is imported but can't mount volume as the volume is not there, then this means the volumes need starting which you can do using "vxrecover -sg dg_name" (or vxvol -g dg_name startall).

Mike

2 Replies

• Which version of SF? Which version of Solaris?
    What type of storage? SCSI or SAN attached?

vxdctl enable is not normally necessary.

Can you check /var/adm/messages to see at which point during boot process devices can be seen?

Were diskgroups in 'imported' state before the reboot?

• If diskgroup was deported before rebooting, or if diskgroup was imported with -t option (-t option disables reimporting automatically when the system is rebooted) then this is normal and you just need to import diskgroup.

To check diskgroup is imported, use "vxdg list" and you can also use "vxdisk -o alldgs list" to see which diskgroups are deported (deported diskgroups are shown in brackets)

If diskgroup is imported but can't mount volume as the volume is not there, then this means the volumes need starting which you can do using "vxrecover -sg dg_name" (or vxvol -g dg_name startall).

Mike