Forum Discussion

13 years ago

SF HA 5.1 with Oracle 11g failover support

I am writing to ask for help regarding Storage Foundation HA 5.1 with Oracle 11g failover support. We have two-nodes Sun Cluster running on M3000 also connect to Netapp LUN Sharing through FC. DB is designed running on the solaris container.

Currently we have finished the container failover testing, Oracle listener failover testing, all of them get passed. Also the VCS Oracle Agent has been installed.

My Question is why the Oracle 11g failover testing is failed(Even we got the listener failover testing passed)? We can not switch this resource from one node to another also we can not bring online the database with using Cluster Manager (Java Console). DB could be started manually in sqlplus.

Looking forward for your reply. Thanks a lot.

Leo

• Hi, All, thanks for your great help. Actually we need install SF5.1 SP1 to support the Oracle 11g DB because its Oracle 11gR2.

Thanks again for everyone's great help and I would close this ticket now.

17 Replies

• You should open a Symantec Support case.  The only other thing I can think you can check is that you have the right types file.  Some agents are shipped with a 5.0 and 5.1 types file so you should check you have a ContainerOpts attribute and not a ContainerName attribute.

Mike

• Thank you very much. Mike.

I will open a ticket to symantec to ask them for help and would let you know when its closed.

Thanks again and have a nice day.

Leo

• I noticed in the engine_log the following entry:

==============================================
    VCS WARNING V-16-1-52529 Login Incorrect, Invalid username/password
    ==============================================

This can result from an improperly formed .vcspwd/halogin configuration. HAD very well be unable to determine the status of the Oracle instance.  One would think that if the listener is working then, the Database should follow suit.

You may want to try running the hazonesetup command or manually try the following:

globalzone> hauser -update  z_zoners_node1

set it to "password"

globalzone> hauser -update  z_zoners_node2

set it to password

localzone> VCS_HOST=PROD_CLUSTER_IP (You showed x.x.x.x in you main.cf)

localzone> export VCS_HOST

localzone> halogin z_zoners_node1  password

localzone> halogin z_zoners_node2  password

localzone> more /.vcspwd

it should look something like this:

100 PROD_Cluster_IP z_zoners_node1  nkInnNmnKnoMmghu
    100 PROD_Cluster_IP z_zoners_node2  fopHojOlpKppNxpJom

This is also a good reference.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH159144

Give the Database Agent another try and tail the engine_logs.

Hope this helps.

Joe D

• Hi, All, thanks for your great help. Actually we need install SF5.1 SP1 to support the Oracle 11g DB because its Oracle 11gR2.

Thanks again for everyone's great help and I would close this ticket now.

• Please remember to mention ALL relevant info in future....

If we knew a week ago this was 11gR2, we would've checked compatibility for you....cheeky