Forum Discussion

bakra
Level 2
3 months ago

Oracle to Netbackup Copilot

Hello,

I'm trying to implement Copilot for Oracle. I've set up the SLPs and registered the test instance, but NBU is unable to perform a backup with the error:

Unable to perform a manual backup with policy "test". The policy does not have a list of files to back up.

The setup: Oracle Linux 7.7, NBU 10.2, StoreOnce 5260 (4.3.6), Catalyst 4.4.0.

In short, I'm trying to implement NBU accelerator for faster backups. If there is another way, please refer to the guide.

Thank you in advance.

• No, Accelerator works only with FS and VM backups.

If you need to speed up your Oracle backup, try to:

• increase the number of channels (4 is common, but many times I double it). (I had to use up to 18 Oracle channels.).
    • use Oracle buffers in a custom RMAN script
    • use weekly full and daily level 1 backups. And log backups of curse.

6 Replies

bakra
      Level 2

StefanoSM,

Thank you for a quick reply. Is there a way to use the accelerator with StoreOnce Catalyst without copilot, or universal share? Basically, I want to use the accelerator to backup Oracle DBs to StoreOnce 5260 using NBU.

Thank you.

• No, Accelerator works only with FS and VM backups.

If you need to speed up your Oracle backup, try to:

• increase the number of channels (4 is common, but many times I double it). (I had to use up to 18 Oracle channels.).
    • use Oracle buffers in a custom RMAN script
    • use weekly full and daily level 1 backups. And log backups of curse.
  • I Agree with you.
    you can use accelerator with oracle backups if you have netbackup appliances and configure appliance share as the destination 

but bakra does not have netbackup appliance. He is using a storeonce as backup destination

quebek

Hey

Good to hear we are on the same page ;)

yup it slipped off my eyes that there is no MSDP - this is oracle incr merge is available with MSDP storage server...