Forum Discussion

PaoloB
Level 2
12 years ago

BE 2012 and EV 10 backup

Hello all.

I have a little problem, I installed BE 2012 with EV 10 Agent, in the job backup, I can see the EV server, when I run the job it finish with success, the report said the data is 70Kb, but in the EV Store, there's more 400GB, I don't know what is the problem, anyone can help me?

Thanks.....

PaoloB 

• HI.

Thanks for you answer.

Now the problem is fixed, it wasn't working, because the server was seeing as application server, instead of file server, with the second one it's possible to watch Vault Store, and backed up it. I didn't find this information in the documentation, The only think, was the metod where BE 2012 use to backup Vault Store, the first is with windows agent, the second with CIFS, but the correct way to add a server to BE 2012 was a mistery

Thanks....

Regards

Paolo

2 Replies

• Hi Paolo,

Please post screenshot of EV backup selection.

Where is EV database hosted is it on same server or on a remote SQL server?

thanks,

• HI.

Thanks for you answer.

Now the problem is fixed, it wasn't working, because the server was seeing as application server, instead of file server, with the second one it's possible to watch Vault Store, and backed up it. I didn't find this information in the documentation, The only think, was the metod where BE 2012 use to backup Vault Store, the first is with windows agent, the second with CIFS, but the correct way to add a server to BE 2012 was a mistery

Thanks....

Regards

Paolo