Forum Discussion

18 years ago

DLO not starting when not connected to network

Hi

When we start up DLO3 on a computer that isnt connected to the network. We get an errormessage stating that DLO cannot connect to the mediaserver. Isnt it possible to make DLO startup in Offline mode if the network is down? As it is now DLO just doesnt start, and if you later connect the computer to the network, you dont get any backups until you restart the computer. Do you have a solution for this?

Regards,
Robert

3 Replies

• I have tested some more. This time with local user data folder turned on. With the same result. There must be a registryentry or something that control the connection to the server? As it is now I cannot use DLO offline...
  • Maybe I should clarify my problem. I think anyone running DLO can recreate it. If you start your computer without any network connected, DLO just doesnt start... And if you try to start DLO, it says that its not able to connect to the media-server, because the network is down..

Shouldnt DLO start in offline-mode if the computer is not connected to a network?
    If thats not the case, can you make DLO start in offline-mode always and then go online when the network get connected?

Its strange if this is how it works, the connection policies become unusable if DLO doesnt start when you start your computer without network.. When you use dial up for example you are never connected to a network when your computer start...