Forum Discussion

19 years ago

IDR fails to sort NIC fro Remote Restore

Help please!!! I may be being daft (hope so) but when I am trying to use IDR (BE10.0 on W2K3 member) on a remote system (followed the instructions in the 10.0 Admin manual) everything works fine till I need to select a NIC for the networking ( the 1 line in the manual does not help much, I do follow the prompts:) ). The IDR wizard asks me to select a device, once I do (eventually) select a device I can not seem to locate the drivers either on the CD, floppy or via a USB key? Also the device chops and changes from 'net' to 'ethernet' and back to 'net' again!! I can not access any other device selections? Anyone know what I am messing up? Cheers, John

Note:- Done it. Just a case of using the console and installing the drivers underneath the Recovery Wizard as there was no way on earth (even with an nLite slipstreamed W2K3 file set) it was going to let me use the GUI.Message was edited by:
John Edginton

1 Reply

• Solved it. Just a case of using the console and installing the drivers underneath the Recovery Wizard as there was no way on earth (even with an nLite slipstreamed W2K3 file set) it was going to let me use the GUI.