Forum Discussion

markl
Level 2
18 years ago

LTO-3 in Mag 448 Library

New install; looks like I may be having issues with bar code rules? Anyone have suggestions as to fix incompatible media messages - short of going to every tape in the library and labeling it as LTO-3 Type? My drives keep going off line due to the errors - maybe i do not have the correct library drivers in BE 11.d I still have exabyte-EZ- library installed and working - Thx

3 Replies

• Yes; I have done both of these things previous to my post; I did not attempt to reinstall the driver pack - but I had a different problem a while back that forced me to install that one. The "unknown" media changer option in windows management shows to be a M$ Driver dated 10-1-02 it looks to be the same driver type that was used with the instance in the Mammoth2 EZ-17 Changer.  This one does show to be using the Mag 448 instance in the advanced map point view.
    The bar-code rules did not exist for the LTO-3 tapes. I created a rule myself not knowing if there is a standard. If the drives didn't keep going off line, I'd say it was still a bar code rule error.  I'm told that the labels being displayed, although they are recorded with L3 appending in the bar code scan, the drive has to write the label on the media before the library knows what type it is. The first one that I did, thought it was a cleaning media - most are showing up as unknown. I can right click the tape devices and assign the media type, it is available in the list of r/w media. Both tape drives are also enabled with BC Rules.  We are having heavy T-Storms here. I think I'm headed out for the night.
    Thanks for the doc links, I will try to do some more work on this tomorrow.
    M
  • Make sure your library and drive have the latest firmware, then from the front panel go to Lib, Library Settings, Storage Settings, Label Media Type and choose the label type that has the drive code in it.