Forum Discussion

20 years ago

New Jobs can't select all Media Sets

I recently added an Exabyte VXA library to a backup server that was already running BE 9.1 with an older Exabyte library. BE 9.1 reconizes the new library. I have created new rotation media sets on the new library, but when I use the "create a new backup strategy" wizard, it only offers the media sets that exist on the old original library to choose from. After completing the wizard I can open each of the 3 new job definitions but none of them offer the new media sets as selections for the job, they only list the media sets previously created on the old library (which is still attached). How can I get the newly defined jobs to use media sets on the new library? Thanks.

2 Replies

• Hello,

-- Can you see the old as well new media sets in create a new backup strategy" wizard?

-- if yes then select the new media sets while creating the job.

-- if no then check the old media set and their Overwrite protection period and Append period
    -- and delete them if you do not require them,then recreate the new media sets, reassign the tapes and reset the OerWrite Protection period and append period.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.
  • As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.