Forum Discussion

18 years ago

SBS 2003 R2 Unrecognised Media

Hi All,

A Backup Exec v10.1 Rev 5629 newbie user, so be gentle.

I am running BE on a Small Business Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition. I have a problem with one of my tapes after installation and testing using the HP software.

Also, we recently installed a HP StoreageWorks Ultrium 448 LTO-2 drive in a HP Proliant ML350 server. The drive is connected via a HP SCSI PCI-E card. We used the HP Storageworks Library and Tape tools software supplied with the drive to test the drive connectivity and functionality before using it with BE. The software asked for one of our new 200/400MB cartridges to test the performance of the drive. However, since using this tape, BE will not recognise it leaving us with a tape short. Each time we try to use the tape we receive the following message -

"The Media in drive 'HP2' is written in an unrecognised format, Erase the media to make it usable". However, the 'erase' option is not available. This leaves us with 1 unusable tape as we cannot get BE to recognise and reuse this tape. The other tapes not used by the HP software are fine!. Can anyone help us provide us with the steps to make the tape usable?

Many thanks,

Alan Wyatt-Jones
No RepliesBe the first to reply