Forum Discussion

18 years ago

Setting up Media (Tape) Rotation?

Here is my setup.  I have two Media server and one is the CAS.  Have 2TB of dedicated SAN storeage for each BE Server.  I am backing up 40 servers to disk on the SAN.  I also have a 30 slot LTO3 tape library Shared.  I want to duplicate my full backups to tape.  Some are daily and some are weekly.  Every Friday i want to vault the past weeks worth of duplicated to tape to my off-site location.  I want to have at 4 week rotation of tapes.

What is the best way of going about setting all of this up?  The Admin guide really doesn't tell how to B2D to Tape.  Is there any other guides explaining to proccess?

I did add a 4 duplication template to one of my policies that backups three servers,  which are daily fulls.  Each Dup template uses the library and uses one of the media sets.  i have 4 medfia sets Tape1, Tape2, Tape3, Tape4.  I set overwrite, append and vault acordilly for each media set.

This created 12 more jobs which is normal.  At this rate I will have 40 x 4 = 160 Duplication jobs.  Is this just how it is done or have i missed something?

Would anyone be will to give me a call?

Message Edited by navar holmes on 05-25-200705:00 PM

No RepliesBe the first to reply