Forum Discussion

Stamos
Level 2
18 years ago

Veritas 11d & Lotus Domino

Hi all,

could i have a spare min or two of your time, asking some help with a problem i'm facing at the moment?
i 've just upgraded my 10d to 11d rev. 7170 HF3. Everything seems to work smoothly except a Domino Backup job i'm running. I tried to recreate the job and when i'm trying to select the Domino database from the Lotus Domino databases selection, system goes into a non-responding state, at least the console does.
DB is about 14gigs, dunno if that causes the non-respondingness of it. I have tried to select a couple of other nsfs, about 2-3gigs and it worked okay.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks very much for your time.

3 Replies

• Backup Exec 11d goes about indexing the Lotus Domino Dbs differently.  It will now take much longer for them to all show up.  It may appear that BE is not responding, but if you let it sit long enough you should be able to see and select all of the DBs/mailboxes for backup.  Also, this process will be much slower if it is the first time that you have done it with 11d.
  • Indeed, it took quite a long time to identify them. I just quit it from RDP and ran it over console, seem'd more stable that way. It's ok now. Thanks for the reply Steve.
  • I have 25 Win2K3 servers.  4 have Lotus Domino databases. I'm trying to backup the 4 Dominto servers, without the domino agent, but when the jobs start, it goes into "pre-processing mode".  One such attempt was running 49 hours, but other tries went on for 11-15 hours before I gave up hope and rebooted the 4 servers (services wouldn't restart).  I tried creating a selection list using the Domino Option but after 4 hours I gave up - there is about 300 gig of Lotus Domino mail databases.

I'm trying to install the 7071 update, but one of the pre-installs has "10d for Windows Servers" at the top of the page, so I'm wondering if I have the right download.