Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault.Cloud Licensing

Sajid_Siddiqui
Level 4
Partner

Hi,

I have Exchange 365 Exchange. I want to buy Enterprise Vault but i had some concerns that i want to archive mailboxes and want to check those emails on hand held devices as well. I checked one article on the web that Enterprise Vault will not archive Exchange 365 mailbox items. But Enterprise Vault.cloud can archive Exchange 365 mailbox items and with this EV cloud we can check archived mails on hand held devices as well.

Now question is as in EV.Cloud we dont need to install any hardware and software so what kind of licensing we need?

Regards,

Sajid 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You will license by the number of mailboxes.  As a partner you might be able to find the licensing guide on PartnerNet. Otherwise, you should contact your Symantec rep and see if they can help you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling

You will license by the number of mailboxes.  As a partner you might be able to find the licensing guide on PartnerNet. Otherwise, you should contact your Symantec rep and see if they can help you.

Sajid_Siddiqui
Level 4
Partner

Thanks Tony,

I have a license guide of EV in which EV.Cloud for Nirvanix is mentioned. As you know Nirvanix is a Cloud based storage so EV.cloud is based on Cloud storage ?? We have to ask about cloud storage from the customer and then give them EV.cloud licenses??

Kindly confirm.

Sajid

TonySterling

--edited to clarify post:

Are you refering to this in the EV 10 Pricing Guide? 

Cloud Storage for Nirvanix

The EV Connector for Nirvanix is going to be based on TB AFAIK but that isn't for EV.Cloud

jwong007
Level 3
Employee Accredited

Actually, Enterprise Vault.cloud is different than Enterprise Vault with cloud storage.

That being said, Enterprise Vault.cloud utilizes only journaling as the method of capturing archive messages.  Therefore, licensing is a subscription-based per mailbox model.  Based on the mailboxes that you want to archived (and you do not have to archive every mailbox), you are invoiced annually.  Most contracts are 36 months (you can have 24 month and 12 month contracts) and are billed as an annual pre-payment.

Mobile access to Enterprise Vault Personal.cloud is an optional add-on to Enterprise Vault.cloud.  The end-user can access the archive through their mobile browser by accessing the URL.  The site will determine that it is a mobile browser and will switch you over to the mobile friendly portal for Personal.cloud.

Lastly, you are correct.  For Office 365 messaging environments no hardware or software is needed to journal data to Enterprise Vault.cloud for archiving.  Directory synchronization is available with Office 365 DirSync and SSO is available using the same ADFS certificate that you use for SSO with Office 365.

Just as Tony (the previous poster) mentioned feel free to reach out to your Symantec sales representative for further assistance and any additional information.