cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Duplication jobs

Stanleyj
Level 6

Does anyone know how to kill a duplication job?  I had to cancel some jobs because of where they were attempting to duplicat from and now i cant get them to stop retrying. 

The jobs keep failing with status 191 but i want them removed completly.  I tried stopping all services and delete the bpjobd.act.db file but that didnt help.

My console is just a sea of red where the duplications keep trying over and over.  How do I kill these for good?

6 REPLIES 6

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

If the are from Disk Staging then remove the schedule window from the Storage Unit.

If they are from a Storage Lifecycle Policy then use:

<installpath>\veritas\netbackup\bin\admincmd\nbstlutil inactive -lifecycle lifecyclename

Once you have sorted out your issues use:

<installpath>\veritas\netbackup\bin\admincmd\nbstlutil active -lifecycle lifecyclename

Cancel the duplications first and run the first command once they have all stopped

Obviously you would need to do it for each SLP you have

Stanleyj
Level 6

Yes these duplications are from a single SLP. I ran the first command and they appear to have stopped.  But once i run the active command will they all try to start backup again?

I have temporarily fixed my problem with the duplication only because i have removed that step in the SLP.   

Stanleyj
Level 6

I just noticed that the duplication jobs i wanted to kill have started back.  Dangit!! why wont they just go away..

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

By making the SLP inactive only the duplications will be stopped

You can still run backups to it so leave it inactive until you are sorted out

If there are already things in the SLP queue that you want to kill off then you need to do the following:

\netbackup\bin\admincmd\nbstlutil" stlilist -image_incomplete -l>slp_check.txt

This will give you a list of outstanding things in the list

There is then the -cancel command to remove these from the list so that they wont duplicate - if you are sure they arent needed

Stanleyj
Level 6

Tech support contacted me about another case i had open and i quized them on this issue as well.

Mark,

You did provide me with the right steps in getting the policy set to inactive.  According to support i needed to run the following command after to actually cancel the jobs.

nbstlutil cancel -lifecycle <lifecycle name> 

and/or

nbstlutil cancel -lifecycle <lifecycle name> -destination <destination name>

I ran the cancel command and reactivated the SLP.  Hopefully this does the trick!

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Great - that is what I meant by the cancel command in my lady post - didn't have the commands guide to hand to give it all and the lack of a "-" always bugs me with the lifecycle commands! You should be sorted now - if they don't kick in within 3 hours all is clear You can also rerun the first command again which shouldn't pipe out anything now Don't forget to close the thread by marking a solution once you are happy