Forum Discussion

4 years ago

elevate mode is not working

Hi All,

When I try to run /opt/Symantec/sdcssagent/IPS/sisipsoverride.sh command on appliance. It gives an error like that;

unable to communicate with the SDCSS Util Daemon.

I check with ps-ef. it seems working. do you have any information as to why this error is caused?

3 Replies

• My first guess is one or more of the SIS processes isn't running, whether by design or because it crashed. Can you elevate without running that command first ? If you can't elevate I'd suggest that the next step should be a reboot - if you still cannot elevate after that (with or without running that command first) then I'd suggest a Support case is in order.
  • backup_ajan,

I agree with jnardello that opening a case is the way to proceed with this.  We ran into this once before and it was the result of corruption with SDCS.

CAUSE: System partition has reached 100% utilization causing SDCS install to become corrupted.
    RESOLUTION: Reinstalled SDCS, SDCS now functions as expected.

Hope that helps.

Jason

• If you are running 8.3.0.1 up to MR1 this could be resource related and not space related. If things get back to normal after a reboot I would recommend to get the latest MR for 8.3.0.1 or go higher...