Forum Discussion

DPeaco
3 months ago

Saving a Report Schedule - Cron

Greetings,

NBUITA - 11.4.0

Trying to save a report schedule but it's not allowing me to click "ok". I can click on it but nothing every happens. Anybody know why I can't save a specific report schedule?

• DPeaco 

Here is the cron scheduler I set to execute the job at 6:47 PM on May 2nd, 2024 and it worked.

0 47 18 2 5 ? 2024 ?

0 second, 47th minute , 6 PM , 2nd Day , 5th Month , ? (irrespective of the day of week) , * 

You may modify it as per your schedule. For " run at 03:00 hours on the morning of 28 April 2024"

It should be 0 0 3 28 4 ? 2024 ? 

16 Replies

• Ok, I found out why it's pitching a fit......

It doesn't like the cron entry 0 3 28 4 *

Even though the documentation says that this is correct. I'm NOT NEW to crontab entries but I am still a growing infant in the world of NBU IT Analytics.

So what is wrong with a cron format for a report schedule that is to be ran at 03:00 hours on 28 Apr????

DPeaco

Deeps 

I wasn't aware of that. I have reviewed the links you provided. I am still not able to save the schedule.

What is wrong with this? 0 0 3 28 4 * ?

Isn't this: zero seconds, zero minutes, 3AM, 28th day, 4th month, * any day of the week, ? don't care what year

jnardello

Since field 7 is supposed to be optional, try 6 fields and see if you have any better luck. =)

Example (sorry for the low-res pic) :

• And.....if I try to modify a report schedule on the fly? It disallows me to save with changes. Well, I click on OK after making the changes to email addresses and it does nothing. All I can do is cancel.

jnardello

Sorry Dennis, got me then - seems like a bug of some kind, unless 11.4 made changes of some kind to cron. You could try getting a case opened but I'm not sure they'll have time to do more than assign it out before the report is supposed to run.

Sure would be nice if we could just use the OS cron (or at) implementation to trigger reports....Quartz seems like a solution in search of a problem frankly.

• DPeaco let me know what schedule you want to configure, I will try and share the syntax.

DPeaco

Deeps - Copied from one of my previous posts:

This is what I put in the Cron Expression: field ----- 0 0 3 28 4 *

The report MUST run at 03:00 hours on the morning of 28 April 2024

Deeps
        Level 6

DPeaco 

Here is the cron scheduler I set to execute the job at 6:47 PM on May 2nd, 2024 and it worked.

0 47 18 2 5 ? 2024 ?

0 second, 47th minute , 6 PM , 2nd Day , 5th Month , ? (irrespective of the day of week) , * 

You may modify it as per your schedule. For " run at 03:00 hours on the morning of 28 April 2024"

It should be 0 0 3 28 4 ? 2024 ?