Forum Discussion

niryou
Level 2
14 years ago

0xe0009578 - Unable to copy the virtual machine disk using the VMware VixDiskLib

i have the same error,(using backupexec r2 2010)

Follow this forum

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/0xe0009578-unable-copy-virtual-machine-disk-using-vmware-vixdisklib

i got the patch http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH77353

only when i am trying to install i am getting the next message:

the installer cannot install the patch because the BEWS 13.0.2896.0 program being updated may be missing ot the patch updates a different version of the program. verify that BEWS 13.0.896.0 existst on your computer and that you have the crrect patch.

• hi and thank you for your response,

Yes i do have sp1 and all the latest hotfix update using the "Get software patches and update" tool

I was able to solve the problem (for now the last 3 backup r working fine) by hardening the network interface,

and by upgrding the tape driver, one of them or bought did the trick.

Thank you for your help

PS

on a full production env do you recommend upgrading to R3, or waiting for sp1?

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Do you have BE2010 Service Pack 1 installed ?
    What happens if you run LiveUpdate in Backup Exec, do you see this hotfix ??

• The hotfix that you are trying to install is for BE 2010 and not for your version which is BE 2010 R2.  That said, have you installed all the latest fixes and SP for your version of BE?  You might also want to consider upgrading to BE 2010 R3.  Your existing licence keys will work with BE 2010 R3

• hi and thank you for your response,

Yes i do have sp1 and all the latest hotfix update using the "Get software patches and update" tool

I was able to solve the problem (for now the last 3 backup r working fine) by hardening the network interface,

and by upgrding the tape driver, one of them or bought did the trick.

Thank you for your help

PS

on a full production env do you recommend upgrading to R3, or waiting for sp1?

• Because R3 does not require purchase of updated licesnes to upgrade from the original 2010 release or the 2010 R2 release, over time we will start to only release updates for the R3 version. As such to continue to be able to apply future updates and fixes you should plan to implement R3 relatively soon.

R3 has some major enhancmnetes against both DeDUplication and the AVVI agent that amongst  other things should have benefits on performance.

The R3 release also uses the latest VDDK from VMWare when doing AVVI backups (version 1.2.1) as such there should be benefits there as well.