Forum Discussion

20 years ago

ADBO error

ok, let me try it this way.

i do not have ADBO, and it is greyed out on the selection panel. but i still get this error and the following errors in the backup log

-- under job completion i get --
Job ended: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 at 3:18:54 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000fec2 - A failure occurred accessing the SnapShot handle.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65218

-- under errors i get --
Backup- STANLEY4000ADBO: Offhost backup initialization failure on: "\\STANLEY4000\Shadow?Copy?Components".
Snapshot provider error (0xE000847E): This edition of the product is not licensed for the requested operation.
Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.
Backup- TESTLABADBO: Offhost backup initialization failure on: "\\TESTLAB\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group".
Snapshot provider error (0xE000847E): This edition of the product is not licensed for the requested operation.
Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

-- in the event log i get --
Event Type:Error
Event Source:Backup Exec
Event Category:None
Event ID:34113
Date:5/11/2005
Time:3:18:54 PM
User:N/A
Computer:TESTLAB
Description:
Backup Exec Alert: Job Failed
(Server: "TESTLAB") (Job: "Backup 00017") Backup 00017 -- The job failed with the following error: A failure occurred accessing the SnapShot handle.

For more information, click the following link:
http://eventlookup.veritas.com/eventlookup/EventLookup.jhtml

6 Replies

• Hello,

Please check the technote below to resolve the issue:

Backup job fails with error "V-79-57344-65218 - A failure occurred accessing the SnapShot handle"

http://support.veritas.com/docs/275397

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.
  • these errors occur no matter what selection i make on aofo and even if i clear all selections on aofo
  • Hi

Try configuring new jobs and compare the results.

Please refer the page number 917 onwards in the Administrator guide for Backup Exec 10.0 for windows server. Where the requirements of Offhost Backups are mentioned.
    As per the diagram and the points mentioned in Administrator guide for Backup Exec 10.0 for windows server that Advanced Disk Based option (ADBO) requires SAN.
    I would also like to mention one point that it requires a remote computer. However you are trying this on a local server.
    Please refer the link below for Administrator guide for Backup Exec 10.0 for windows server or goto help Veritas Backup Exec 10.0.
    ftp://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/269777.pdf
    Hope this helps you .

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.Message was edited by:
    Chaitanya
  • ok,

i am hoping you did read my post.
    i do not have ADBO.
    the boxes to select ADBO options are greyed out
    it does not exist on my system
    the licence key is not installed
    i do not select any ADBO options.
    and let me say again, i do NOT HAVE ADBO

yet i stll get this error.
    something more helpfull than re-read the manual might be required.

mike
  • We have exactly the same problem.
    Could you please tell us, how you did solve the problem?

Thanks!