Forum Discussion

19 years ago

B2D Error

I am still having issues with B2D jobs. I can back up most all of the data but when it gets to the Shadow Copy components, I get the following failures:
40 - The specified network name is no longer available
1 - Incorrect function
Set type : BackupSet status : CompletedSet description : FS2 - Differential
Resource name : \\FS2\Shadow?Copy?ComponentsLogon account : Veritas Backup Account
Error : 1 - Incorrect function.

Agent used : YesAdvanced Open File Option used : Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS)Image used : No

Start time : Monday, May 01, 2006 11:09:16 PMEnd time : Monday, May 01, 2006 11:14:42 PM
Files : 0Directories : 0Skipped files : 0Corrupt files : 0Files in use : 0
Byte count : 414,233,084 bytesRate : 72.00 MB/Min

The B2D folders is online. I have recreated the jobs numerous times.
I have inventoried the B2D folder.

From reading the threads, there seems to be sevral issues with this but no one has posted a fix. The technotes listed do not correct the problem. I am using build 4691. Are there any hotfixes or patches to correct this problem?

2 Replies

• At this time I have the backups completing successfully by limiting concurrent jobs to the B2D folder. If Veritas is not going to fix the issues everyone is having with this problem, why don't they just say so?
  • Hi,

Thank you very much for the Update.

revert for any further Query

Thank you
    Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.