Forum Discussion

CASW_Tech
Level 4
14 years ago

B2D2T BE 2010

I need a walk through of some sort to make sure I don't mess this up. Any articles??     I need to backup server data to a NAS and then once it is finished, copy that information to tapes.   ...
    14 years ago

Hi ,

1 You need to create a backup disk folder on NAS  by going to devices in backupexec & right click on backup to disk & click on create new folder & enter the ip address & make new backup to disk folder

2 I presume your library is connected to backup server

3 Considering that now make policy based job for which first make a selection list by going to job setup & select the thing you want to backup

Then click on policy in job setup tab & click on template & in that in device & meida select backup to disk folder selected by you & fill up other details like in general name of that template like daily backup to disk & also enter the schedule for the template

Then click on ok & then click duplicate template & select the device as tape & in schedule select run according to schedule as 3rd checkbox & in general name job as duplicate job to tape click on ok

Finally click on ok for policy & then add the selection list created by you first &  that configure you policy which will run job to disk & then tape

If this clear you dout please mark thos post as resolved

Thank You