Forum Discussion

schulti
Level 3
12 years ago

Backup at first / last weekend

Hi,

is there a trick / possibility to run a backup job e.g. on sunday if saturday is the first saturday in month (i.e. sunday isn't the first day in month). Similar problem is running a backup job on sunday if saturday is the LAST day in month!

Thank you!

• Unfortunately, you have too. You may log an idea with the same.

7 Replies

• I dont think it possible , you need to manaully select the dates when you want to run the backup.

• Won't selecting Months and then choosing First Sunday of Every 1 Month do it?

• I dont think it would help , as the condition is to run the job on Sunday if saturday is the 1st saturday. You can schedule the job to run on Every 1st sunday that should not be an issue.

• Yes, you're right - that's the problem.

So i think i have to schedule it manually... it's only 12 times a year, so it's not a large complexity :)

Thanks for help!

• I'm going crazy!

Wanted to manually schedule the backup job now just to find out, that unlike in BE2010 there is no possibility in BE2012 to schedule a job for specific dates??!!?!?!?

Do i really have to configure a separate job for each date?

• So are you actually saying if the first Sunday of a month is also the first of the month then you don't want the job to run - I guess this is why the First Sunday of Every 1 Month do it.

If yes then no the scheduler cannot handle your rather unique request. To be hinest apart from the ability to select individuial dats throught the year that was in 2010, the 2010 could not do it with a repeating rule either.

• Unfortunately, you have too. You may log an idea with the same.