Forum Discussion

14 years ago

Backup Exec 2010 R3 Media Mount Failed

Hi there,

We installed a new server a few weeks ago running Windows Server 2008 R2. We installed Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R3 which worked well for the first week or so. The last few nights, the job has still backed up the right amount of data, but it has cancelled and produces an error:

Canceled, timed out. The job was automatically cancelled because it exceeded the job's maximum configured run time.

Media Mount Failed. User canceled a Physical Volume Library operation. V-79-57344-33861 - The media operation was terminated by the user.

We have the job set to cancel after 7 hours, for the first few nights it didn't even come close to that. What people usually experience with this particular error, is that the tape is full and there is an alert prompting for another tape. This is not the case. The tapes we are using are 200/400 and we have under 100GB of data to back up. In the alerts tab, we get:

• 10:00pm - Overwriting allocated media 'MONDAY'
  • 1:01am (3 hours later) - There is no media in the drive
  • The above message is displayed every few minutes until the job finally cancells after being 'running' for 7 hours'

We have tried a restart of the server last night, which didn't help at all. Here is a shot of our job history:

http://imageshack.us/f/641/backupexec.jpg/

Another thing, which might be unrelated, is that our software is showing as being a 'Trial Version' again. When I installed the product, I used the code which went through fine, a few days later it showed as trial so I put the code back in. Today I notice it is now back in trial mode again.

Any ideas?

19 Replies