Forum Discussion

abarnard
Level 4
12 years ago

Backup Exec 2010 Setting up Incremental SQL Backup

Hello,

I am trying to set up a backup to back up a SQL 2008 R2 database.

I already set up the full backup, and am trying to set up daily incrementals.

When setting up the incremental backup, under Settings > "General" do I set the backup method for files to "Incremental"? Or do I set that in the "Microsoft SQL" tab under "Backup Method"? Or do I set both for incremental?

Thanks for any input.

• Only select the desired method under MS SQL..

I'm assuming you have created a seperate backup job with SQL databases selected, and under Backup Options:

1. Added an Incremental stage under Schedule.

2. Scduled both Full and Incremental stages as required

3. Selected appropriate options under Microsoft SQL (Log = Incremental)

2 Replies

• Hi Q. I am trying to set up a backup to back up a SQL 2008 R2 database. I already set up the full backup, and am trying to set up daily incrementals. When setting up the incremental backup, under Settings > "General" do I set the backup method for files to "Incremental"? Or do I set that in the "Microsoft SQL" tab under "Backup Method"? Or do I set both for incremental Ans For any application backup you must select option like full,incremental,differential from that agent only ,so for SQL pleas select if from SQL option. When you select from general then it applies only for file level backup and not application backup like SQL,exchange etc. Thanks
  • Only select the desired method under MS SQL..

I'm assuming you have created a seperate backup job with SQL databases selected, and under Backup Options:

1. Added an Incremental stage under Schedule.

2. Scduled both Full and Incremental stages as required

3. Selected appropriate options under Microsoft SQL (Log = Incremental)