Forum Discussion

bizw0z
Level 2
11 years ago

backup exec creates the report and sends email to say it created. Can BE send the actual report

hi everyone.

Im very new to BE and have set up the overnight summary report, which runs and emails me a message saying its run, not much use..

Can i somehow get BE to send me the actual report? not just the message to say it has run.

I did find another question on here for the same thing but the only comment was "solved", with no details as to how.

Thank you very much indeed.

• For generating the reports in Backup Exec you need to go to the Reports and use the canned or custom reports there.

If you are refering to the job log be emailed to you automatically, you need to configure alerts and locate the job success or fail alert. There would be a checkbox to include job log with the email alert, use this option.

3 Replies

• ...when you create the job, did you select the option to attach the report?

Thanks!

• For generating the reports in Backup Exec you need to go to the Reports and use the canned or custom reports there.

If you are refering to the job log be emailed to you automatically, you need to configure alerts and locate the job success or fail alert. There would be a checkbox to include job log with the email alert, use this option.

• OMG..

Thanks guys, It was that simple.

I never associated the job log as being the report output.

Yes, thats perfect, thank you.