Forum Discussion

Nishant_p
Level 4
11 years ago

backup exec job engine service not responding

I am using backup exec 2012 SP4

I have issue with the backup exec job engine service it is not responding in week

• Repair the database / failed still issue same
  • Enable the all the logs open a case with ADV
  • Symantec BE team have review the logs
  • Upgrade the version from sp3 to sp4
  • Still issue same
  • We have also  run the STSINV tool for check the ost media / as per Symantec support there is no issue with the dedeuplicaiton folder

Is there is any workaround to resolve the issue 

• ...have you considered reinstalling from scratch?

Thanks!

5 Replies

• Hi,

Have you tried to create a new BE service account and then used beutility.exe to change to this?

Have you checked to make sure there is no active scanning/blocking by any AV installed, and have you tried to repair BE through Add/Remove Programs?

Thanks!

•  

i have already tried with another service account , and two times tried to repaired, there is no A.V installed at all,

today i have received reply for support , they suggested there is some GRT backup cause of the issue, and they required more log, and we can't wait so long 

today i have created new backup exec server from scratch  let seee now 

thanks !

• ...have you considered reinstalling from scratch?

Thanks!

• yes i did setup from the scratch ,, and now so far it is working fine !! 

i have face same issue with other client , for soution i have deleted the all the bakcup job and created and it is working,   

• Unfortunately you sometimes have issues that require doing this, but if you have the Data/Catalogs folders backed up elsewhere before doing so, recovering is a lot easier.

Thanks!