Forum Discussion

henrry
Level 3
10 years ago

Backup Exec Server centralized management issue

In my work environment, I have multiple backup exec servers, if i want to check those backup jobs, I must login to all BE server and check them,

I want to install a BE center management server that all BE server can be managed by this BE center management server .

How to carry out and set up.

• Nopes, not this option. Are you running the setup on the same server or a different server ?

This KB is for BE 2014, however the steps are same for BE 2012 as well. Check Fig 16 - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH218012

14 Replies

• Thanks, I run it on other server,I can install it ,but how to add BE server media to this remote administration console, I found that Ican only add just one server every times. so I'm not sure.

I want to when I open this console that it display all BE servers media. thanks!

• As CraigV mentioned earlier, it would be just one media server at a time. The CASO option is the only available option which would allow one to monitor all remote member media servers from a single administration console.

• ...just to clarify here because I'm slightly confused...are you looking for a single pane of glass like CASO to manage ALL media servers, or are you looking for the remote console which means you have to remote into individual servers 1 at a time.

Thanks!

• I'm looking for CASO to manage all media servers. the remote console is just managing one server at a time.