Forum Discussion

prohol
Level 3
14 years ago

BE2010R3 - Exchange 2010 backup2disk and duplicate on tape problem.

Hello,

After duplicate backup to disk (on local disks) job ,using GRT,  exchange database (in DAG), I've got an error:

Final error: 0xe00002f7 - Cannot extract mailbox messages from the Exchange backup. Review the job log for more information. Final error category: Resource Errors 

and job log:

Duplicate- DAG.domain.com
V-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation for the selected resource using the specified options. The following error was returned when opening the Exchange Database file: '-515 The timestamp in the next log does not match the expected timestamp. ' 

I'm using full backup with AOFO, and i have circular logging selected for exchanges database.

• Do you have the Exchange Management Tools installed on your Backup Exec server ?

4 Replies

• Do you have the Exchange Management Tools installed on your Backup Exec server ?

• Yes, I have, but I couldn't connect to exchange using EMC (different version). After install proper updates, I can connect at now. Today I'll test backups again   and inform that your solution is correct. 

• Great, the versions need to be corresponsive in order to make a successfull backup.