Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Broken Backup Exec 2014 SP1 Media Server

Following the attempts by Symantec Backup Exec Support team to resolve an issue with 1 out of 7 backup jobs crashing my media server, I have now for the last 2 weeks had a BUE media server / deduplication storage that doesn't actually work. Despite multiple attempts to get someone to work through resolving the issue caused by Symantec's own support personnel, the results to get help have been sporadic at best and certainly not to the level I would expect. To top it all off, I have just been advised via online chat that there is currently no engineer assigned to my case...

While I am clearly venting, I also have an issue that needs to be fixed and am using all methods of communication available to me to speak to an engineer that will be able to help me cancel the crcontrol.exe --processqueue process that I was asked yesterday to work through and to help me with the safe removal / recreation of a deduplication storage covering both the files and db? Because quite simply I have been unable to backup my data for long enough now that what little data hasn't expired is about to anyway, despite my deduplication storage incorrectly reporting that it is full.

Regards

John