Forum Discussion

19 years ago

Can't restore files from backup to disk

One of our servers crashed today and I need to restore critical documents. The users haven't been using the tape drive but I secretly had redundant backups to unused drives on workstations going every night so I have a recent backup to disk. I copied these files to a server where Backup Exec 9.0 is installed and I'm trying to run a restore on selected document folders but I keep getting the following error:
---------< cut >---------
Device could not be restored because an error occurred while connecting to Remote Agent for Windows Servers.
Make sure that Remote Agent for Windows Servers is running on the target system.
---------< cut >---------
This is a server with BE Exec installed. Not a remote machine. I'm trying to restore files from the dead server to an alternate path on THIS server so I can copy them to another server once they decide what to keep.

I have inventoried and cataloged the files and I can select them to restore (they're on a local folder on this server) I want to restore them to the D:\Restored folder but I keep getting this error. I can't seem to find anything on how to fix this. I can't imagine I need to install the REmote Services on the same server that BE is running on!

HELP!

1 Reply

• Hello,
    To restore the data on your server you need to have a remote agent installed.
    so kindly install a remote agent on the server where you are restoring the data ie your target machine.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thank You.