Forum Discussion

Rustam_sh
Level 4
11 years ago

CASO and MMS

Hello, folks.

I have an issue.

I have made one Backup Exec 2012 Server as a managed BE server.

But on the CAS side MMS is offline.

All needed ports are open.

What i should do then? Thanks in advanse.

1_0.jpg

• I think that is your problem. If the MMS is not pointed to the CASO and not made a managed server as a result, then the CASO will not see that server at all.

Also, best practice is to use a domain admin account for the BESA.

Again...if your remote server is not an MMS, and not attached the CASO, CASO will not see or manage it.

Thanks!

14 Replies

• OK, understood. So that is most likely your issue. Ideally the Backup Exec account is a Domain Admin account, and this becomes the BESA (Backup Exec Service Account). The BESA gets used on every Backup Exec server. Essentially you now have 2 accounts to manage which makes no sense (no offence here!).

Change the MMS's service account to the account used by the CASO (You can use BEutilit.exe for this) and then try again. I'd suggest removing the MMS from the CASO first, changing the account to that of the CASO, and then adding it back to the CASO.

Thanks!

• CraigV.

I passed all steps that you suggested, but it is very strange because it didn't helped.

We made one account for CASO and MMS and this account is running all services and jobs on both servers. But MMS is still offline. May it be because i desided to make MMS as a Localy managed Backupexec Server.  And another one thing, our system adminisrator dont want to make BE administrator account as a domain administrtor account.

Thanks.

• I think that is your problem. If the MMS is not pointed to the CASO and not made a managed server as a result, then the CASO will not see that server at all.

Also, best practice is to use a domain admin account for the BESA.

Again...if your remote server is not an MMS, and not attached the CASO, CASO will not see or manage it.

Thanks!