Forum Discussion

Larry_W_
Level 3
11 years ago

Changing Roboric Library Partition Name BE2014

The online help and manual both suggest it is possible to rename the robotic library partitions, However, when I follow the instructions given, I cannot edit the existing partition name field and there is no "apply" button either.

Can someone please advice?  Any help is appreciated.

Larry W.

Online & Admin Guide Text:

Changing the name of a robotic library partition

You can change the name of a robotic library partition.

See Creating robotic library partitions.

To change the name of a robotic library partition

1. On the Storage tab, double-click the robotic library partition.

2. In the left pane, click Properties.

3. Change the name of the robotic library partition.

4. Click Apply.

Screenshot:

Screenshot.jpg

• Larry W: what needed to be said was this needs to be highlighted to someone from Symantec! Not just that the Admin Guide was wrong. Send a PM to Colin Weaver (he really is very good with responding and insider technical information) and highlight this to him.

Thanks!

7 Replies

• Larry W: what needed to be said was this needs to be highlighted to someone from Symantec! Not just that the Admin Guide was wrong. Send a PM to Colin Weaver (he really is very good with responding and insider technical information) and highlight this to him.

Thanks!

• Thanks, Craig.  Since there is Tech Doc on the issue, and they are aware of it, I don't know what sending a PM would accomplish.  The Tech Doc acknowledges it is an error in the admin guide, and the online help is based off that guide.

Thanks to the both of you.

• ...aha. I thought that was the link to the Admin Guide...

Thanks!

• Hi Larry - I was part of the software support team that queried this issue when another customer brought it to our attention. As such I can confirm that it is the text of the admin guide that is being acknowledged as a defect and you cannot change the name of a library partition

• Thanks, Colin.  Perhaps the in-application help and admin guide should be edited to have this removed.

Moderator, this thread can be closed.

Larry W.

• Hi Larry,

You're able to do so. As such, since Larry Fine pointed this out initially, his post should be marked as the solution.

Thanks!