Forum Discussion

diffER
Level 3
5 years ago

Communication problems with Backup Exec 2014

Hello,

Several weeks ago I started experiencing communication problems with the backup software - backups are running fine, but when I try to restore to a remote server shared folder, I get the message "Communication error occured" (or something like that). One of the services for remote management is constantly stopping - when I start it, it starts for about 1 sec and then turns off. I managed to fix it with a program repair and windows system file check (with dism commands also), but only for a while. When I went through the event log, I found out that a system .dll file is problematic, it got fixed by the dism /scan /check /restore health commands, but then it again got broken somehow. What could be the cause of this, the software was running fine until some time?

I could send some screenshots with the problems if needed, but I tried describing them the best way I can.

I would be glad to receive any help from you guys, because it's not an option to reinstall the whole software just to see if it will be fixed afterwards.

Thank you!

7 Replies

• so when try to restore. the remote agent will be stopped?

and You cannot reinstall remote agent right?

diffER
      Level 3

The Remote Agent stops constantly, only the error message is visible while restoring. How can I reinstall only the Remote Agent?

Gurvinder

is it the local BE server remote agent that crashes ? or it is the remote server , remote agent that crashes ? What is the application error in the event viewer that you receive ? If it is the remote server , remote agent that crashes , then you can try a windows update, remote agent reinstall. https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100008039
        If possible, better to upgrade to latest release.