Forum Discussion

GEA_Paul
Level 3
10 years ago

Connection not established

I am constantly getting the above message. I Have checked all the services are running using the same account name with no issue.

I have created a default logon account using the same credentials as the services are using

That account is both local admin and in the backup accounts group

• Ok Here was the answer. After removing and several restarts I installed the Backupexec 2014 and guess what. It was right back where I started. Connection not Established" Ok this is what solved the issue. I created a local account on the server (not Domain) gave that account admin rights.

Opened Backupexec, changed the services to use the new account to run them "only where the domain account" was using those services. Then whilst on the backup restore tab double clicked the server in the window below and changed the credentials here to use the new account.

Now restarted all services, and hey presto everything works.

What I do not understand is that the server originally had Backupexec 2012 using the domain service account to run the services and jobs. The domain service account had both local admin rights and was a member of the backup operators groups. When 2012 was removed no changes were made to the service account.

So what is the issue with 2014. What permission are different.?

Paul

11 Replies