Forum Discussion

legioon
Level 4
13 years ago

Deduplication Folder "in use" issue when no jobs are running...

Hello All, I hate backupexec's problem ! i'm bored.. Always problem problem and there are no solutions.. This time i have deduplication folder problem and i have read some post but this is not so...
    13 years ago

I just got done with a support call and it turned out that my HP tape library had failed and was causing the services to lock up trying to communicate with it.  I shutdown the server and disconnected it and then the server was happy.  My tape library is in a different building and I couldn't see it.  Turns out that the power supply failed.  I just ignored that it was offline cause I don't use it much anymore and didn't think that it would affect the entire system.  Support did say too that in the future if I see the deduplication store as "In use" that there is a background process that runs once a week to clean up scratched dedup devices that it moves automatically to scratched media when it becomes overwrittable aagain.  So, when it's doing this, jobs may be queued or fail if it takes longer then your start window.